If you’ve ever watched stamping dies—those one-of-a-kind precision tools that cut and shape sheet metal parts—do their thing, you know they’re pretty cool. You also know they’re pretty heavy. It’s a good thing Hamilton carts are masters at transporting monstrous stamping dies for our customers everywhere. In fact, it’s one of the most common applications for which we build trailers.
Here’s a pic of a recent beauty we designed for a major American car manufacturing facility. Engineered to withstand a whopping 100,000-pound payload, the cart features a wooden deck for extra scratch protection. Four-wheel steering ensures the 180-inch-long cart is cornering tight aisles and intersections like a champ.
It all adds up to one wheely productive ride.
Die Transport Trailer
- Capacity: 100,000 lbs.
- Deck Size: 96" wide x 180" long
- Deck Material: Wood
- Steering Type: 4-wheel steer
- Running Gear: Triple-mounted 22 x 10 press-on polyurethane wheels with tapered bearings
- Color: Safety Yellow
- Superstructure: Superstructure: None
- Couplers: Front: Loop-type towing tongue; Rear: None
- Other: Safety hooks and chains to accommodate customer's tugger
- Estimated Weight: 8,500 - 9,000 lbs.