Sometimes, it’s not about how you haul our trailers, but what can do on them that counts.
Case in point: this snazzy custom job we recently delivered for a hush-hush customer. Used to transport metal plates, the trailer features a lever-controlled upender that rotates the plates horizontally while a crane lowers the plates onto the padding. Mounting pads keep the plates three inches off the trailer deck and protect the metal finish.
What if you want to convert to a flat, general-use deck? Voila, a handy storage box underneath the frame houses lifting straps and winch handles used to remove the upender.
Because sometimes you just want to keep a low profile.
Plate upender and transport trailer based on customer specs and sketch
- Capacity: 70,000 lbs.
- Deck Size: 84" wide X 216" long
- Deck Height: Approximately 36"
- Deck Material: Smooth steel plate painted with non-slip coating
- Steering Type: Single 5th wheel style
- Running Gear: Eight dual mounted 22" diameter X 10" wide press-on polyurethane wheels fitted with tapered bearings
- Superstructure: Hinged upender and bunks per customer specifications - bolt-on design allows the items to be removable
- Couplers: Tongue with towing eye in front
- Color: Safety yellow