This trailer drops it like it’s hot
Wednesday, May 27, 2020
Here's the deal: What you need to understand is that Hamilton loves making custom trailers that can do anything our customers want them to. Nothing pleases us more than focusing all our powers and resources to make industrial towing power happen. In the case of this drop deck trailer, we went low, so productivity could go high.
Check it out: a beast of a cart designed to transport outrageously heavy and cumbersome plastic injection molding dies indoors for maintenance and upgrades. The trailer had to be able to attach to an e-power pusher— those practical & flexible powered trailer products designed to eliminate the strain of manually pushing and pulling heavy carts and wheeled equipment. So we did a collaboration with one of our material handling partners to produce a one-two punch of load-hauling greatness.
The drop deck in the center works double duty: it keeps the center of gravity as low as possible and reduces the overall height of the load as it’s transported through the plant. The trailer’s rigid tongue was custom engineered so it’s perfectly positioned to attach to the e-power pusher. Underneath, Hamilton’s 22-inch diameter TerraTech Press-On Polyurethane Wheels are designed with extra large precision ball bearings that reduce the force required to initiate movement - which is an important benefit when pairing with a power pusher.
And now for the drop-deck gorgeous specs:
Drop deck caster-steer trailer
- Capacity: 120,000 pounds
- Deck Size: 85" wide x 92" long
- Deck Material: Smooth steel plate
- Deck Height: 14"
- Steering Type: Swivel caster style
- Running Gear:
- Front: 2 dual-wheel swivel casters
- Rear: Dual mounted load wheels fitted into rigid mounted side plates.
- Wheels: 22 X 10 TerraTech Ultra Press-On Polyurethane Wheels
- Couplers: Rigid tongue with towing eye 22" above the ground and 22" away from trailer frame
- Color: Jet Black Epoxy
- Stenciling & Marking: Capacity stenciled on both frame sides
- Weight: 17,300 lbs.