They say a trailer of beauty is a joy forever. In this case, it’s also one tough material handler.
Check out this sleek custom number we created for a ag equipment manufacturing facility. Used to haul large, heavy tractor components over tough terrain, its deck is mastered from smooth sheet steel welded over a structural steel frame and center supports. Because the carts have to travel over rough gravel and asphalt between buildings, the axles are an extra heavy-duty version of a Hamilton standard, while rugged solid pneumatic wheels provide extra shock absorption. Tapered roller bearings ensure great towing power for miles each day. And the knuckle steering gives them the superior trailability of an auto-steer trailer, while keeping the deck height as low as possible.
“Hamilton products are consistent in their quality,” said our distributor Scott Smith from Barron Equipment, which provides material handling and manufacturing equipment to leading industrial manufacturers. “Our clients expect that. Downtime from failed parts is a productivity killer in an assembly line. We’ve found Hamilton to be a great strategic partner in helping us deliver for our customers.”
Here are the reliable specs:
- Description: Four-wheel auto-steer trailer
- Capacity: 6,000 lbs.
- Deck Size: 84" wide x 180" long x 16-3/4" high
- Deck Material: Smooth sheet steel
- Steering Type: Two-wheel auto steering connected by drag line for four-wheel steering
- Running gear: Four W-1650-SPRT-1-1/4 solid pneumatic wheels complete with tapered roller bearings
- Couplers: Removable look-type towing tongue with quick release pins to allow tongue to be used at either end of trailer Rear: None
- Finish: Black