Hamilton trailers: Lean, mean and ready to roll in more ways than one
6/27/2017 2:39 PM
We love it when a trailer works overtime to speed up productivity. Case in point: A custom cart we recently created to haul water distribution equipment castings (think fire hydrants) from manufacturing to storage and shipping. The deck’s free-spinning conveyer rollers make it much easier to load and unload the castings from either side. Easy rolling wheels with special ergonomic polyurethane treads help this cart function safely even when moved manually under load.
No wonder this trailer was created as part of the customer’s lean improvement processes. Hamilton puts the skinny in lean manufacturing.
Here are the specs:
- Load Capacity: 3,000 lbs.
- Steering Type: Caster-steer trailer
- Deck Material: Conveyor rollers across the width of the deck, 2" lip along each side frame and a hand actuated stop 1" high and 6" long centered at each end. Stops can manually be raised and lowered.
- Running Gear: Two each S/R-ZFFM-83EGB swivel and rigid casters with 8" x 3" "Ergo-Glide XT" wheels with precision ball bearings
- Superstructure: Removable pipe handle located in sockets welded outside the frame at the swivel caster end with horizontal pipe extensions on the jaw end to act as stops for the lip handles.
- Dimensions: 51" wide x 51" long x 18" height to top of the rollers
- Couplers: CP00030/40 heavy duty safety automatic couplers
- Color: Platinum Gray