Hamilton roller decks glide through this production line
11/14/2016 5:01 PM
You know we can’t resist anything that rolls. #wheelsrule
When a Fortune 1000 company needed custom trailers for their new four million square foot facility, Hamilton engineers were ready to roll with a solution.
After sizing many different decks to suit the customer’s needs, we designed a roller trailer to transfer palletized goods on and off the deck safely and securely along the production line, making it easier than ever for workers to load/offload product from assembly to either warehousing or shipping. Removable side rails allow manual access via forklift, if necessary.
“Moving away from forklifts has been a growing safety trend in manufacturing plants,” said Dave Lippert, President.” One way to move materials smartly and safely without forklifts is with a properly designed trailer like this one.”
It’s nice to have options, though. So this trailer includes removable side rails for manual access via forklift, if necessary.
With two rows of rollers arranged lengthwise on the trailer frame, the deck features removable rear-end stops and fixed front end stops (one set for each roller lane) to secure product in place during travel. For added stability, ZB style foot activated brakes on both front wheels ensure precious cargo doesn’t slide anywhere it isn’t intended.
- Capacity: 3,500 pounds
- Frame Size: 84" wide X 156" long
- Useable Deck Space: 81-1/4" wide X 156" long
- Roller Deck Height: 18"
- Deck Material: 2 rows of rollers arranged length wise on the trailer frame
- Steering Type: Single 5th wheel style
- Running Gear: (4) 10" diameter X 2-1/2" wide Duralast® polyurethane wheels with tapered bearings. Each front wheel equipped with ZB style foot activated brake
- Front coupler: Tongue with towing eye
- Moveable rails on each side of deck, approximately 12” above top of rollers
- (2) permanently attached, full width "U" shaped load stops on front of cart, approximately 12” above top of rollers
- (2) removable "U" shaped load stops at rear of cart the trailer, approximately 12” above top of rollers
- Color: Safety Blue
Visit CartsandTrailers.com to see more custom trucks.